Merial is a world-leading, innovation-driven animal health company, providing a comprehensive range of products to enhance the health, well-being and performance of a wide range of animals. Merial employs approximately 5,600 people and operates in more than 150 countries worldwide. Its 2010 sales were more than $2.6 billion. Merial is the animal health division of sanofi-aventis.
An innovation-driven leader, Merial makes significant investments in research and development, with eight research and development centers around the world. Merial is committed to developing pharmaceuticals and vaccines with the highest level of quality, safety and efficacy through an extensive network of 16 manufacturing sites and eight R&D centers globally.
Merial provides a comprehensive range of products to enhance the health, well-being and performance of a wide range of animals. We play a pioneering role with governments around the globe to contain and manage various animal diseases—recognizing that the prevention and cure of animal diseases are in the interests of protecting the health of animals and of man.
- Merial is committed to enhancing the health, well-being and performance of animals. Our strengths in parasite control and disease prevention are known around the world.
- Many Merial products are considered gold standards in their categories. FRONTLINE® brand products have achieved success as the undisputed leader in flea & tick control.
- IVOMEC® entered pharmaceutical history as the single most successful animal health product ever launched. This family of products enjoys high brand equity and has been used for more than two decades among cattle ranchers, beef and dairy producers, and veterinarians.
- Merial’s customer-driven focus led to a re-organization along global enterprises to help deliver greater value to customers. The global enterprises focus on products for production animals (such as cattle, swine, and chickens) and companion animals (such as dogs, cats and horses).
- Merial is a supporter of the veterinarian community and North American agricultural industry.
- Merial makes significant investments in R&D, and the company has launched multiple new products every year globally since the company’s inception.